Beat The Streets Gala, ‘Rumble on the Rails’ Raises Record $1.5 Million For NY Youth Wrestling
A landmark day of wrestling and international cooperation was capped by an historic evening of celebration and philanthropy on Wednesday as USA Wrestling and Beat The Streets Wrestling, Inc., a youth development organization that believes wrestling is the superlative tool for nurturing boys and girls into capable young men and women, teamed to raise a record of $1.5 million for the organization. It began with “The Rumble on the Rails,” a pair of dual meets featuring top squads from USA, Iran and Russia, powerhouses in the sport, held at Grand Central Terminal, followed by the annual Beat the Streets Awards ...
U.S. And Russian Lineups Announced For The Rumble On The Rails In Grand Central Terminal In New York City On May 15
The lineups for the United States and Russia for “The Rumble On The Rails” at Vanderbilt Hall in Grand Central Terminal in New York City on May 15 have been released. Three of the world’s top powers, Iran, the United States and Russia will come together in solidarity in this historic wrestling event, which is a showcase competition as part of World Wrestling Month, declared by the international wrestling federation (FILA). The competition will be held alongside the annual Beat the Streets Awards Gala, which will be held following the competition at Bryant Park Grill. A ticket will be required for both ...
Last Jackie Robinson Glove Hits Auction May 1
Jackie Robinson is all the rage this week — the feature film 42 about his life hits theaters tomorrow, and Monday is “Jackie Robinson Day” across baseball, with players all donning his uniform number in a celebration of one of the most important figures in American history. For collectors, an authentic Robinson piece can be hard to come by. After all, Robinson last played in 1956, stayed mostly away from the game for most of the rest of his life, and passed away in 1972, years before the memorabilia craze sent other legends like Mickey Mantle, Joe DiMaggio and Willie Mays into ...
- Beat The Streets Gala, ‘Rumble on the Rails’ Raises Record $1.5 Million For NY Youth Wrestling
- U.S. And Russian Lineups Announced For The Rumble On The Rails In Grand Central Terminal In New York City On May 15
- Last Jackie Robinson Glove Hits Auction May 1
- USA, Iran, Russia To Compete In Grand Central Terminal May 15 As Part Of Beat The Streets Gala
- Fordham To Celebrate Hall Of Fame Baseball Legends In Ceremonies On Sat., April 20
- Yanks, Mets History Comes To Life In New Children’s Book
- NIT Champ Baylor Wins First Men’s Postseason Hoops Title
- Red Sox Phenom, Jackie Bradley, Jr., Makes Successful Major League Debut at Yankee Stadium
- NYU’s Liukin, Other Locals Look To Change The Face Of Professional Gymnastics
- Knuckleball Still Dickey’s Best Pitch